Are you the responsible rebel we are looking for?
The most dangerous person is the one who listens, thinks and observes
Hunt & Hackett helps European companies prevent, detect and respond to today’s most advanced adversaries, safeguarding them against cyberthreats and espionage. We don’t stir a bit into security strategies; our talented team of responsible rebels shakes them up to build, operate and maintain digital immune systems for our customers to outsmart their digital adversaries.
To extend our multidisciplinary team we are now hiring a DevOps / SysAdmin. Do you like neat, optimized, nice and shiny orchestrated container-based infrastructures? Does a new production environment, deployed by pressing a single button, make you ecstatic? Do cloud native applications and building new services in the cloud make your clock tick? Do you belong to the most talented group of DevOps / Sysadmin in the industry – or is this where you plan to be? Then Hunt & Hackett might be the best next step in your career.
DevOps/SysAdmin at Hunt & Hackett
At Hunt & Hackett we believe that modern cyber security to catch the bad guys requires cloud native applications, the right - often high volume - data sources, and a ”we don’t reinvent the wheel” mentality. Therefore, as a Rebel DevOps’er at Hunt & Hackett you are not yet another IT guy to us, but of vital importance to live up to our core principles and be the organization we envision to be.
Your aim is building and maintaining a serverless cloud native environment with a focus on continuous integration, -deployment, -testing and monitoring. Terms like Git, Prometheus and metric based systems, as well as Nagios, Docker and Kubernetes are your bread and butter and part of your daily routines. You like *-as-code and in particular security-detections-as-code.
You are not necessarily a coder, but you appreciate what they do, and can communicate about best practices and ‘getting ready for production’ with them. Automation is the first word you say when you wake up in the morning and you typically go to great lengths to actually do a task only once manually. Terraform, Ansible and Puppet are your friends.
Finally, you are not only able to stitch things together, but also able to properly document the cohesion between different component and how things work together. You can translate the technical benefits to business benefits and vice versa. Next to that, you have a “customer first” mindset and find flexible solutions to support our customers best.
The Hunt & Hackett wish list. The right candidate
- Proficient in high-level script languages such as Python
- Experience administering modern Linux distributions as well as Microsoft Windows systems
- Experienced in configuring and maintaining Microsoft 365
- Strong experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS, GCP, Azure;
- Experience with hardware and software firewalls, IDS/IPS, WAF, and additional security layers (LDAP, SSO, MFA, SAML)
- Experience with continuous integration, testing and deployment
- Regularly has discussions about the finer differences between DevOps and SRE
- Understanding of ITIL terminology such as “incident” and “problem”
- Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL and MySQL), cloud native databases such as BigQuery and NoSQL databases such as Elastic.
What is your wish list? As a minimum, Hunt & Hackett offers you
- The opportunity to safeguard Europe’s leading organizations;
- A unique culture of ‘responsible rebellion’ where you can learn from the best to get the most out of yourself;
- The most innovative security tools you need to get the job done;
- Plenty of time and opportunity to develop yourself with regards to SOC, IR, Red Teaming etc.;
- A proper laptop and phone to get the job done;
- A modern pension, which is transparent and can be controlled by yourself;
- Employee share participation scheme;
- Compensation for your travel costs.
A culture of ‘responsible rebellion’
Only (very) talented, multidisciplinary teams of threat hunters, intelligence analysts, reverse engineers, data scientists, developers and hackers are able to outsmart the increasingly professional community of cyber attackers. We pride ourselves as a force for the good and as such we think and act as responsible rebels. We are not ‘just another security company’, and our people are not ‘just employees’. Everyone at Hunt & Hackett wants to be the best in their field and focusses at delivering next-gen levels of service. This means that we:
- Push the envelope. Everyone at our teams takes the responsibility to make our work better every day, by being creative to color outside of the lines if needed.
- Help you to become the best version of yourself. We bring together the best minds in the field, to inspire each other and to learn from each other. Personal development and growth are important to us and our customers.
- Build mission driven teams. We believe in the power of small teams who can focus on strategic tasks, not on repetitive work that can be automated. It’s up to you to make this happen.
- Believe that God is in the details. Tiny details can have a huge impact, especially in security. This is why we champion tradecraft. We are system thinkers that oversee the big picture but who are simultaneously obsessive about the details
- Are Responsible Rebels. We are polite. We are courteous. We show professionalism.
For more information or to apply, send an email to email@example.com.
Submit a talent!
Introduce your network